Pair of Wassily
Gavina S.p.A. & Knoll International
Design 1925, production circa 1968/ 1972
Chromed tubular steel, leather
28 1/2" x 31" x 27 3/4" (each)
Remnant Gavina tags on each steel frame, and Knoll International tags underneath each chair's right armrest. Gavina (Italy) produced the Wassily chair beginning in 1962 until Knoll International purchased Gavina and the rights to all of its licensed designs in 1968. (In fact, it was Dino Gavina who first dubbed the chair the "Wassily.")
Repairs to the leather and stitching on each chair. The tubular steel frames are in very good condition, with only minor wears evident.